in the world of Tea!
Tea in the world is:
- An average of 500 million cups of tea drunk per day.
- In 2010, 4 162 327 tonnes of tea have been produced (a raise of 5.8% compared to 2009). This production is mainly split inte 2 continents: african (15%) and asian (83%).
- 88,3% of the world’s production was shared between eight countries in 2010. In order: China, India, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Turkey, Indonesia and Japan.
- 713 939 tonnes of tea have been imported by the eights most important importating countries in the world: Russia, United Kingdom, United States, Pakistan, Egypte, Marocco, Afghanistan and Iran.
Tea in Belgium is:
- 1 857 tonnes of tea imported in 2010 meaning more than 900 million of cups.
- An importating budget reaching 16 622 000 euro.
- In 2004, 20% of the belgian population used to drink tea. A raise of 50% has been noticed over the last years.